A tribute to a Golden Girl will soon grace an orange truck clearing snow and ice from Minnesota highways. "Betty Whiteout" is the runaway winner in this winter’s MnDOT Name-A-Snowplow contest.
- “Betty Whiteout” is the runaway winner in this winter’s Minnesota Department of Transportation Name-A-Snowplow contest.
- The name honoring Hollywood icon Betty White, who died Dec.
- 31 at age 99, received 40,024 online votes.
- “The Big Leplowski” (17,478), “Plowasaurus Rex” (13,209) and “Scoop Dogg” rounded out the top eight.
- The eight winners are from a field of 50 finalists that went up for an online vote last month.
- Later this month, those winning names will go on plows serving each of the agency’s eight districts around the state.