Although infection numbers on the mainland are relatively low, the authorities are enforcing a "zero tolerance" strategy to find and quarantine every infected person, and have imposed fresh restrictions in a number of areas.
- Authorities reported 1,938 new cases on the Chinese mainland on Sunday, more than triple the previous day’s total.
- Hong Kong authorities are enforcing a ‘zero tolerance’ strategy to find and isolate every infected person.
- Access to Shanghai has been restricted with bus services suspended and a negative test required from anyone wanting to enter.
- Six million people have now died of coronavirus since the pandemic began in China since it began in late 2019.
- More than 4,636 deaths on the mainland out of 115,466 confirmed cases since the outbreak started in Wuhan, which has killed 3,993 people, and 32,430 in Hong Kong.