While firefighters grapple with wildfires across Texas, a bit of good news emerged Monday: the Big L Fire is now "under control," Hood County officials said.
- The Big L Fire is now “under control,” Hood County officials say.
- The evacuation order for the City of Lipan has been lifted.
- 175 wildfires burned about 95,000 acres across Texas, the state’s forest service said Sunday.
- Over the past week, firefighters have been trying to protect people and homes as wildfires burn across the state, the forest service says.
- The fire is located in Hood County, located on the Edwards Plateau, is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington-area metro area, to its west, Erath County is where two of North America’s largest renewable natural gas plants are located, officials said.