The Tennessee amusement park says its Drop Line is a 230-foot tall tower made by Funtime Rides from Austria. So was the Orlando ride where a teen fell to his death.
- Dollywood’s Drop Line ride is a 230-foot tall tower made by Funtime Rides from Austria.
- Tyre Sampson, 14, fell from Orlando FreeFall at Icon Park in Orlando, Florida, on Thursday.
- Dollywood has temporarily closed Drop Line “out of an abundance of caution,” the Tennessee amusement park says.
- Icon Park attraction says it’s fully cooperating with investigators and that the ride will be closed indefinitely.
- Investigators are looking into what happened when Sampson fell from the 430-foot ride, which is taller than the Statue of Liberty.
- The ride is located along a busy street in Orlando’s tourist district, not far from Disney World.