Abortion access is now guaranteed in Colorado law after Gov. Jared Polis signed a bill enshrining that right Monday.
- The bill passed out of the Colorado legislature last month on a party-line vote.
- It would ban local and state governments from interfering in that care.
- It also would prevent a fertilized egg, embryo or fetus from having independent rights under state law.
- 15 other states and the District of Columbia have codified abortion into law with the “Reproductive Health Equity Act’s” The bill signed by Jared Polis, a Democrat of Pueblo, was passed by the House of Representatives last week.
- It’s more important now than ever to protect women and people who choose to be pregnant or choose not to be,” a Democrat says.