The freezing of assets of Roman Abramovich in Jersey is the latest financial hit to that Russian oligarch as a result of the Ukraine war.
- Roman Abramovich’s assets frozen in Jersey.
- It is the latest financial fallout for that Russian oligarch as a result of the Ukraine war.
- The actions come a month after the UK announced financial sanctions against the 56-year-old.
- It was not clear if the 50-meter-long Aquamarine, which remains in dry dock in the Netherlands, is one of the assets frozen by Jersey authorities in that country.
- The Guardian newspaper last week reported that Abramovich shifted his ownership of a superyacht, “Aquamarine,” to a company based in Jersey that is controlled by an associate of his, David Davidovich, on the same day that Russia invaded Ukraine.