Italy reported 70,520 COVID-19 related cases on Saturday, against 73,212 the day before, the health ministry said, while the daily number of deaths fell to 143 from 202.
- Italy reported 70,520 COVID-19 related cases on Saturday, against 73,212 the day before.
- The daily number of deaths fell to 143 from 202, Italy has registered 162,609 deaths linked to the outbreak.
- The country has reported 16.1 million cases to date, with 43 new admissions to intensive care units, decreasing from 46 on Friday.
- The total number of intensive care patients stood at 409, edging down from a previous 411, the health ministry said.
- It is the second-highest toll in Europe after Britain and the eighth highest in the world, according to the country’s highest-ranking death toll in the region.