Apple’s director of machine learning, Ian Goodfellow, has resigned from his role a little over four years after he joined the company after…
- Apple’s director of machine learning, Ian Goodfellow, has resigned from his role.
- He reportedly broke the news to staff in an email, saying his resignation is in part due to Apple’s plan to return to in-person work.
- Apple employees began returning to Apple Park last month, with the three-day in-office work policy being enacted on May 23.
- Some employees have been unhappy about the plan, which required employees to work from the office at least one day per week by April 11, at least two days per week, by May 2, and at least three days a week by May 23.
- This is a decision many would prefer not to have to make, according to a group of employees.