Former Norwalk resident Marcel Fontaine, who filed one of the first defamation lawsuits…
- Marcel Fontaine, 29, was among four people killed in a fire early Saturday in Worcester, Mass., authorities say.
- Fontaine filed a defamation lawsuit against Alex Jones for falsely identifying him as the shooter at Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida.
- The lawsuit, which is considered one of the first filed against Jones, is scheduled to go to trial in about a month.
- A friend, Kitty Bousquet, said Fontaine was open about the case, telling friends about the suit — ‘‘“Just Google it,’” he would tell people, according to a friend.
- A crowdfunding page for Fontaine’s funeral expenses raised nearly $9,000 as of Wednesday afternoon.