Officials say a 64-year-old Florida man whose wife and stepdaughter were terminally ill fatally shot the women and then called 911 before killing himself
- Thomas Schultz, 64, called 911 saying family was “in an impossible situation with no way out,” sheriff says.
- Deputies found Thomas Schultz dead on the back porch, with a revolver next to him.
- The body of his wife, Joy, was in one bedroom; stepdaughter, in her 50s, in another room.
- Both women had terminal illnesses, Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister says.
- The deaths are at least the ninth suspected murder-suicide involving people from the Tampa Bay area so far this year, the Times reports.
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month, the sheriff noted that May is mental health Awareness Month.