The Harris County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting with at least four people dead. Murder-suicide may be involved.
- NEW: Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez says the man appeared to have shot his wife and his mother-in-law before turning the gun on himself.
- NEW: The husband and wife were going through a divorce in recent months, and there were reports of the man being abusive to his 4-year-old daughter, the sheriff says.
- Neighbors say it’s not typical for these incidents to happen at the apartment complex where small children live.
- The Pakistani family was a Pakistani family at the center of the tragedy, Gonzalez says.
- The woman who worked at an Islamic school nearby was concerned when she didn’t show up for work when she was reported missing.