New details are emerging about the door the Uvalde gunman used to gain access to the elementary school.
- A Texas elementary school teacher propped the door open with a rock, police say.
- She then closed the door shut when she realized there was a shooter on campus, an official says.
- Investigators are still trying to interview the police chief who was the commander of the school shooting scene.
- 19 students and two teachers were killed in a classroom in Uvalde, Texas, on May 24.
- An attorney tells a local paper that the teacher thought the door would lock because that door is always supposed to be locked, the attorney says.
- The door did not lock, but investigators are looking into why it didn’t lock, the official said Tuesday.