The Russian president has received treatment for advanced cancer and was targeted in an assassination attempt, three intelligence sources have told Newsweek
- Russian President Vladimir Putin received treatment for advanced cancer in April, three US intelligence sources have told Newsweek.
- The report also confirmed an assassination plot against Mr Putin in March, the organisation said.
- Rumours have been swirling in the past few months that Mr Putin was suffering from cancer or was in bad health as pictures of him in a debilitated state emerged.
- An unnamed oligarch was recently recorded saying the 69-year-old Russian President is “very ill with blood cancer” – according to New Lines magazine.
- An expert said Putin had developed a “Cushingoid’s appearance which is ‘compatible with steroid use’