The Texas family killed by an escaped inmate was identified as a 66-year-old man and his four grandchildren, authorities said.
- The victims were Mark Collins, 66; Waylon Collins, 18; Carson Collins, 16; Carson.
- Carson, 16, Hudson, 11; and Bryson Collins, 11.
- Gonzalo Lopez, 46, had no connection to the family, authorities say.
- Lopez was a convicted murderer who escaped on May 12 after stabbing a prison bus driver in the hand and fleeing on foot after the vehicle went off the road.
- He was killed Thursday during a shootout with police after law enforcement south of San Antonio spotted a truck that had been stolen from the family’s property in Leon County.
- The children attended schools in the Tomball Independent School District, a spokesperson said.